Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Gift

"I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."
- Psalm 27:13
 
Today would have been my Grandma's 98th birthday.
Today has been 5 months since I last spoke to my Mom or held her hand.
Today I said my goodbyes to my Uncle Herman.
Today my sweet Emma got hired for her first job.
Today I feel more 5 than almost 50, exactly when did I become the grown-up?
The Mom. The Wife. The mentor.
The glue.

Today I received the gift of sitting by the ocean, the constant beating of the waves a balm to my soul.
It shouldn't be.
Today is March 11th.
Winter.
Yet it's 63 and sunny.
At the ocean.
If that's not a gift from the Jesus who loves me then I have no explanation.
My Heart is full.
With a Courageous Heart,
~~Robin

3 comments:

  1. God blesses each of those who read your courageous words because HE blesses you. Thank you for your posts. Many (((HUGS))) to you.
    Kim Smith
    Bountiful UT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, Robin! Made me smile at the gifts that He gives us. One of my favorites - "He delivered me, because he delighted in me." Psalm 18:19 I know he loves me but to think that he looks for ways to give us gifts because he delights in us is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome and encourage comments provided they are respectful to all. A respectful exchange of ideas is a good thing so tell me what's on your heart too. I reserve the right to not publish any comment containing crude or offensive language or any that would disparage someone else.